Friday, May 13, 2011

Special To Me



Eighteen I have been told. Eighteen until I can get this tattooed on my wrist as a memory of the sad past.
   A black butterfly, the sign of anti-bullying and self harm. Being through this personally it means a whole lot to me. Every time I will look back and remember how strong it made me. Everybody had my back like I  had theirs... It makes me cry every time I think about the pain everybody had to suffer... the consequences. Luckily they will all be well aware soon with some help from my teachers they are willing to give up some time during health class to talk about the consequences.
   People think it's a joke. Something funny to laugh at. I did too, I have to admit. Emo... Now whenever some one says that word, tears come to my eyes. It's not funny. People are dying. Think of that next time you say something hurtful to somebody. Words can go a long way. You could've killed somebody literally with those harsh words you use to knock them down for self pleasure of watching people fall slowly to the end of their esteem. To rock bottom. So low, they have resulted in deep gashes along their wrists looking for some pain to match the inside.
   It struck me when I faced those three words I didn't consider or I just quite frankly, didn't want to hear.
They. Could. Die.
   Other people do self harm not knowing the dangers, and have no people to support them. It can be so many different things... Not fitting in, heart-break, bullying etc. Without help the can easily die from loss of blood or depend on different things... drugs and other unhealthy ways to deal with depression.
  Your all beautiful and have a place in this world. Please stay with us :) You can make a difference.

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment